
Well, we finally had a minute to update the blog! We have had to put it off for some time because the computer has been busy helping Brett study for final exams! Brett is officially a third year medical student! He finished on Thursday and now it is on to studying for board exams, no more class time! He has worked so hard this year and passed all his exams. His first round of board exams are the first week in June and he has to really focus on those now. After boards he starts rotations in hospitals and clinics all over LA. He is excited to get hands on experience. Brett has made us all so proud and I am amazed at his diligence and perseverance. Way to go Brett!
I am keeping really busy but I am happy to be busy! I absolutely love my church calling as the young women's first counselor. The girls are wonderful and it has been so fun to be around the youth. We have been busy in church lately, Brett and I spoke in sacrament two Sundays ago and I sang a few weeks before that. Brett is also the course 15 Sunday school teacher, so between the two of us, we have lots of lessons to prepare. We are both learning and growing so much. I am in a ballet class that I love and it provides me with an outlet that is much needed! I am just trying to keep the home and family in one piece amidst the craziness. For those of you who know me well you know I am a book worm and I love to talk about books. I try to read a lot so that my brain doesn't turn to mush. If anyone is interested, I am reading a really neat book right now called: "The Chemistry of Essential Oils, Gods Love Manifest in Molecules", by David Stewart PhD. It sounds crazy but I recommend it to anyone even if your forte is not chemistry (which mine is not!)
Aidan is very two. He amazes us every day with his brilliant noggin! He can count to twenty by himself, knows all his letters and knows the sounds and can sound out a lot of words. He knows his colors, shapes, sounds, feelings, and can name just about anything around him. He loves books and tries to read already by saying the letter and then making the sound of the letters and trying to connect them! He blows us away! He loves to dance and make up songs. His favorite things physically are jumping ("jump to da sky!") and throwing balls (especially at the blinds because it makes a loud crash!) He says lots of funny things, here are a few: he calls Liam his "fluff" because mommy calls Liam that. He says "bye bye cars" when you get off an exit ramp from the freeway and "weeee" down any hill. He says "great song!" after every song at church and "great story!" after stories. He also greets most people by saying "hi sweetie!". We are trying to get him out of his binky habit and asks us in the most concerned voice, "mommy/daddy, where'd binky go? I need him!" He is so polite and says "thank you" and "welcome", and "bless you" all the time! He does have many moments where he throws some dandy tantrums and is known to hit and chuck stuff at us, but hey, he's two.
Liam is a bundle of joy and energy! He is healthy now and wild! The boys love to wrestle and so I spend most of my day feeling like a referee in a wrestling match! Liam is trying to stand on his own and gets around faster and faster every day! He loves to sing and clap his chubby little hands! He just loves anything brother is doing and they can't get enough of each other! Liam is definitely a mama's boy! He wants to wrestle and snuggle me all day. He is still such a flirt and smiles and coos at anyone who looks at him. He has all the girls fighting over who gets to hold him on Sundays! He likes to dance too, even to the dishwasher noises!
I know this is a long one but it has been a long while! We are happy and healthy and what more can we ask for? We miss our family in Utah and think of you often. I will be up there with the boys from June 2-9 while Brett takes his exams so I hope to see as many of you as I can. Love-The Terans



No comments:
Post a Comment